Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter *Note, you need a lid for the skillet for later*
- Add orzo pasta to butter, and cook and stir orzo until golden brown.
- Once orzo pasta is golden, stir in onion and cook until onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in the rice, chicken broth, salt, and parsley. Stir well, then increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet with lid, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minute
- Stir in Parmesan, then fluff with a fork.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning as needed.