Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. If you find it needs to be thicker, in a measuring cup add corn starch and a little water and stir.
- Continuously mix the sauce and add the corn starch mixture until desired consistency is achieved.
- Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.