Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- While chicken is cooking start on the rice.
- Add butter or oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in chopped shallot and garlic, cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice then pour in the coconut milk and water.
- Season with nutmeg and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and cook for a few minutes until hot.