Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 1 Hr Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 25 Mins
- Warm the milk and water in a small saucepan until very warm (125 degrees F/50 degrees C). Lightly grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans; sprinkle cornmeal inside pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and soda.
- Stir milk into the flour mixture; beat well.
- Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff batter is formed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool.