Yields: 32 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 Hr Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins
- Wash/rinse habaneros in colander
- Dice onions, 2" diced. Then combine with vegetable oil, garlic cloves and habaneros, sauté until toasted brown and fully caramelized.
- Add tomato sauce, white wine vinegar and salt to the caramelized mixture.
- Simmer all ingredients for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. The sauce should thicken as it simmers
- Once sauce is cooked, blend with stick blender until sauce if very smooth. Sauce will change color and have a semi-orange color depending on the color of habaneros.
- Pour into 2-inch pans
- Place 2-inch pans in fridge in an ice bath, stir every 30 minutes. Cool to 40 degrees or below.